- Do not send payments to anyone you have not met in person.
- Beware offers involving shipping - deal with locals you can meet in person.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders - banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Transactions are between users only, there are no "guarantees".
- Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
- Do not rent or purchase you have not seen in person.
- Refuse background/credit checks until you have met landlord/employer in person.
If you suspect that a Curb Rack post may be connected to a scam, please send us the details to email@example.com
Most scams attempts involve one or more of the following:
- Email or text from someone that is not local to your area.
- Vague initial inquiry, e.g. asking about "the item." Poor grammar/spelling.
- Western Union, Money Gram, cashier check, money order, paypal, shipping, escrow service, or a "guarantee."
- Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face to complete the transaction.