Required Length & Type of Experience:
• One year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Strong level of attention to detail.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent’s.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and Responsibilities:
• Inspect cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, and distributor standards.
• Fills cylinders by weight, per regulations and standards.
• Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, checking caps and valves.
• Accurately labels cylinders.
• Completes daily fill sheets for every type of gas, as required by DOT, FDA.
• Completes quality control sheets as required.
• Safe operation of equipment
• Learns the hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks.
• Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
• Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
• Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
• Assist with filling cylinders to proper weight, when required.
• Assist with moving liquids to storage location
• Other duties and projects as assigned.