The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the CEO while managing day-to-day office operations. This position will require a dependable, detail-oriented, highly organized, personable individual who is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative, development and operational duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Conserve CEO's time by reading, researching and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information and initiating telecommunications when appropriate.
• Maintain CEO's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences and teleconferences, travel arrangements including arranging appropriate travel and accommodations, agendas, necessary contacts, marketing materials and other necessary preparations.
• Manage external contacts for CEO, proactively understanding who they are and keeping track of periodic communication needed for priority contacts.
• Schedule, coordinate, prepare agendas, attend meetings, and take minutes as requested, and take appropriate minutes and coordinate follow up as directed; Compile documents/materials for meetings; assist in coordinating and distributing all meeting agendas.
• Represent the executive team by welcoming visitors, arranging company dinners and other Board of Directors functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the executive office.
• Prepare media materials for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing); assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
• Compose and prepare correspondence on behalf of CEO, both confidential and otherwise; Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information.
• Answer telephone and handle flow of visitors and prepare, receive, sort and distribute mail.
• Proposal writing/editing/word processing, as needed.
• Anticipate the executives' needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing these issues.
• Maintain executive files; Complete critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem solving and making adjustments to plans.
• Enhance executives' and company's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Effectively handle Board of Directors related activities and communications with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality.
• Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
• Ensure operation of office equipment, calling for repairs and maintaining equipment inventories, as needed.
• Manage petty cash of office.
• Create and maintain liaison with external agencies and suppliers/vendors; Ensure that customer complaints are catered to appropriately.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Associate's degree.
• Bachelor's degree (preferred).
• Demonstrated experience providing executive-level support with a minimum of three years' experience in an administrative role, preferably in a not-for-profit setting.
• Experience in effectively and concisely communicating with the senior most executives within an organization.
• Experience working with highly confidential and/or sensitive materials.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management skills; Demonstrated ability in the area of prioritization and strategic thinking.
• Advanced computer and technology skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, search engines.
• Hands-on, high-energy work ethic, with an ability to work very effectively as part of an administrative team and with all levels of the company; Ability to remain focused and professional in an ever-changing, fast paced industry.
• A process and analytically focused mindset, with the highest attention to detail to proactively anticipate and resolve/coordinate issues.
• A passionate self-starting mindset, able to work autonomously, but also enjoys and is effective collaborating with peers.
• Immediate access to a vehicle with working seat belts, valid driver's license, current auto insurance and acceptable DMV record.
• Ability to travel within and throughout the county and state.
• Successful completion of drug screen, background check and physical evaluation including TB test.
• Fluency in a foreign language (preferred).
WAGE: Wage range is between $17.25 - $23.00 per hour + benefits. Actual wage is based upon level of education and experience.
SCHEDULE: 30 - 35 hours per week, M - F, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit the Careers section of our website to apply: