Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking an Planning Production Control specialist to support one of our top clients in Indianapolis, In on a 6 month contract.
Position: Planning Production Control specialist
Location: 6125 East 21st Street Indianapolis IN
Duration: 6 month Contract
Pay Rate: 20hr – 26hr
May perform as a member or leader of a functional and/or cross-functional team.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Evaluating and coordinating material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production/customer requirements
• Evaluating and providing status updates on assemblies that are in progress, material availability, and potential production problems
• Control and analysis of multiple and complex bill of materials in an MRP system
• Scheduling of personnel and equipment
• Management of end item deliverables based on the master production schedule
• Coordinating interdepartmental activities with quality assurance, manufacturing, and purchasing
• Propose solutions to mitigate any work stoppage the factory teams may experience due to any slips in material orders
• Interfacing with internal and external customers
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• 4 + years’ experience in a progressive Production Planning or Supply Chain Role
• Application of concepts and principles of Production and Planning Control fundamentals including MRP; Inventory Management; Capacity Planning; Finite Scheduling; Property Management; CAM Hardware; JIT Concepts and Master Production Scheduling
• Knowledge of MS Office applications including Word and Excel
• Experience interfacing and communicating with all levels within an organization as well as with a large external customer base
• SAP and PRISM experience a plus
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and capacity constraints ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• 80~90% of the workday is in a sitting position at a computer workstation.
• Must be able to effectively deal with changes and multiple priorities.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (e.g. driver’s license, special tools, or restrictions, etc.) • None.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management or any major related to the job description or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience.)