Jimbo's...Naturally! is San Diego's premier natural foods grocer with stores in Del Mar/Carmel Valley, Escondido, Carlsbad, 4S Ranch and Horton Plaza. We specialize in providing the highest quality organic and natural foods available. We also focus on creating a great place to work by providing a positive, friendly supportive and caring work environment, competitive compensation, benefit and retirement programs, and by continually recognizing our employees, while motivating and encouraging them to strive for excellence.
Wage Range $11.75-$16.00. For more information or to apply with Jimbo's please visit our website at http://www.jimbos.com.
• Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards.
• Effectively work any station on the service counter (hot case, cold case, sandwich station, bakery, juice bar), and any shift (opening, mid, closing).
• Set-up cold case by store opening and then reset/refresh it by 5:00 pm maintain proper case set up throughout the day.
• Effectively portion, present, and package merchandise according to customers' requests and in a way that minimizes shrink and maximize sales.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the products you are selling/serving.
• Maintain a clean, appealing and sanitary work area in accordance with Health Department regulations.
• Operate and sanitize all Deli equipment in a safe and proper manner.
• Follow portion guidelines, and properly record all samples, demo product, and waste.
• Preserve an open level of communication and cooperation with all Kitchen staff, and ask for assistance on the Counter when necessary.
• Foster a teamwork environment by cooperating with all Deli staff to achieve the goals of both the Kitchen and Counter.
• Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
• Attend scheduled Deli Department meetings and all store meetings.
• Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
• Adhere to all Deli Department and store policies as outlined by the Deli Managers, Staff Member Handbook and Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
• Maintain clean and neat appearance in compliance with Dress Code policy.
• Ability to understand and follow Department of Health regulations, and needs to complete Food Handler's Certificate within 10 days of employment.
• Understand the importance of the handling of allergen containing products.
• Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks at once.
• Friendly, outgoing personality.
• Previous customer service experience.
• Strong communication skills.
• High tolerance for stress.
• Capable of responding to situations in a timely manner.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
• Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
• Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
• Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. This position description is subject to revision at any time.