Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 12 Month Contract, Possibly longer depending on performance and work load
Compensation: $20.00 to $23.00 per hour; Depending on experience
To chat live: https://flashrecruit.com/user/DarwinPorras
This position will be a member of an in-house creative media group, working alongside other designers and media producers. We’re looking for a creative and energetic designer who is comfortable thinking outside of the box and bringing unique ideas to the table with strong project management skills.
A Day in the Life of the Graphic Designer - About the role:
· Develop and produce visual design solutions in digital and print media for a wide range of internal and customer-facing marketing campaigns.
· Contribute in all areas of visual communication and interactive design, providing production art for programs and projects for TEL’s marketing, product management and executives in support of the company’s global business needs.
· You’re self-motivated and fast-paced, and you love being a part of a team. You understand brand and design guideline systems, and you have a passion and have expertise in typography, art, color, creative solutions and innovative communication methods.
Required Qualifications - About you:
We are looking for candidates who possess the rare combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
· Associates degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or similar degree from an accredited institution.
· 1-2 years of experience in a corporate or agency marketing/communications environment in a graphic design/production capacity & demonstrated ability to apply these skills to elevate brand excellence.
· Proficiency in graphic design software applications for production purposes (specifically Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and experience creating compelling presentations with MS PowerPoint.
· Graphic design, layout, and printing experience required. Web design, video editing and interactive content design experience a plus, but not required.
· Knowledge of print production processes.
· Ad copywriting is a plus
· Ability to quickly generate multiple initial concepts and develop them into viable design solutions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Excellent team player. Proactive in learning new skills and receptive to feedback.
· Strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task is a plus.
· Portfolio of 8-10 pieces will be required