2nd shift primarily - 4pm-2:15 am M-Sat $11.25 per hour Some first shift may become available
Summary: Completes assembly break down, reassembly and packaging processes according to established operating procedures by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Read, learn, understand and directions and work instructions, and other instructions written or verbal, to complete assembly of products or components according to established guidelines and quality standards.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools following appropriate methods and procedures to complete mechanical assembly of components or products, and prepare products and other items for shipment.
• Manage inventory following established guidelines and procedures including labeling and locating parts, picking parts from appropriate locations in specified quantities to fill kits or bins, delivering parts to work areas, and recording and communicating inventory
• Inspect and test parts and products as necessary, during or after assembly, according to established guidelines and quality standards.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
• Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes.
• Cross train to other departments as needed.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Qualifications: Must be willing to learn and practice continuous improvement techniques such as 5S, one piece flow, value stream mapping, set-up reduction, and more.