TRC Staffing Services is now hiring for
a Cable/Wire Harness Assembler
Temp to Perm
About the Cable/Wire Harness Assembler:
Performs wire and cable assemblies. Reads work instructions to determine appropriate wires of specified color, marking, or length. Wraps and ties wires together at designated points to form harness. May attach ends of wires to components, plugs, or terminal strip, using soldering iron or crimping device. May perform other functions related to Mechanical Assembly department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Cable/Wire Harness Assembler:
• Reports to designated work area prior to the start of shift. Organizes work load and prepares for the start of the shift.
• Reviews process documentation for any special requirements.
• Assembles material to process documentation.
• Assembles material to IPC-620 / MIL-STD Workmanship criteria
• Solder, wrap, and coat wires to ensure proper installation.
• Select and assembly electrical parts following schematic drawings.
• Assemble electrical components, subsystems, or systems.
• Solder parts or connections between parts.
• Use of automatic wire strippers and hand held wire strippers.
• Interfaces with Production Supervisor on resolution of Quality issues.
• Ensures that work area is kept clean and that safety rules are followed.
• Participates in company or special training classes with emphasis on employee improvement.
• Any other duties assigned by the Production Manager.
Education and/or Experience for Cable Wire Harness Assembler:
• Must have a High School Education or equivalent.
• Prior experience with cable / wire harness assembly.
• Ability to utilize all tools required for wire harness assembly.
• Ability to determine critical points of assembly.
• Be familiar with requirements of IPC-620 / MIL-STD.
• Basic knowledge of electrical wiring
• Must have good common sense
• Must have manual dexterity.
• Must have good time management skills.
• Must be able to develop a good rapport with other department members.
• Requires the use of good judgment at all times.
• Requires the ability to identify potential problems for timely resolution.
Mental & Visual Effort:
• Continuous mental and visual attention is required.
• Sitting most of shift. Some heavy lifting of circuit boards may be required.
• Standard, day shift from 7:00AM-3:30PM
• Medical, Life & Dental Insurance
• Holiday & Vacation Pay
E-mail resume to: email@example.com with job title in the subject line
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Drug Screen and Background check required
TRC Staffing Services, Inc. Is a drug-free environment. EOE