Program and operate multiple Ningbo press machines, for the purpose of pressing and cutting the fins as specified in the work order instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Experience in a manufacturing environment is required, prior experience as a Machine Operator is preferred.
2. Must be available and able to work the agreed upon shift.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to use basic computer programs.
2. Must have basic mathematic skills, along with the ability to use and understand measuring tools.
3. Must have great attention to detail.
1. Read and understand detailed work order instructions.
2. Use a chain hoist to load the aluminum raw material onto the machine.
3. Program and simultaneously operate multiple Ningbo press machines.
4. Make adjustments to the settings on the machines based on the part tolerances.
5. Inspect the quality of the produced fins on a continual basis until the work order is completed.
6. Document and label the fins after they had been pressed and cut to an appropriate length.
7. Sort and store the fins in the appropriate area to be held for the next step in the process.
8. Perform preventative maintenance on the machines as needed.
9. Do tolerance checks required by work instructions.
10. Meet the production quotas that were received from the Lead or Supervisor.
11. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
12. Report any issues to the Supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
13. Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
14. Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
1. Must be able to stand (80%) and walk (20%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn.
2. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (15%) of the time.
3. Must be able to use a pallet jack and chain hoist.
4. Must use safety equipment such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection and gloves. All of these are provided by AKG, except for the steel toe shoes.