1. Experience in a manufacturing environment, prior experience as an Assembler is preferred.
2. Must be available and able to work the agreed upon shift.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to use basic computer programs.
2. Ability to read and understand detailed work order instructions and blueprints.
3. Must have basic mathematic skills, along with the ability to use and understand measuring tools.
4. Must have great attention to detail.
1. Read and understand detailed work order instructions.
2. Check that correct parts have been pulled prior to assembly.
3. Sort defective and usable parts, make adjustments to parts with slight defects.
4. Make set up adjustments to the core assembly machine as needed.
5. Assemble the cores and fit parts to close tolerances based on AKG procedures and guidelines.
6. Bind assembled cores together and perform quality checks on each completed core.
7. Document and label complete and incomplete cores.
8. Meet the production quotas that were received from the Lead or Supervisor.
9. Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
10. Report any issues to the Supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
11. Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
12. Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
1. Must be able to stand (90%) and walk (10%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn.
2. Must be able to lift up to 15lbs (20%) of the time.
3. Must wear safety equipment such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses and gloves. Safety glasses and gloves are provided.