TRC Staffing Services is currently hiring
Packaging Technician Position
For Manufacturing Facility
in Deland area.
Temp to Perm Position
About this Position: TRC Staffing is now hiring for a Packaging Technician for a Temp to Perm position with responsibilities that include lifting, moving, and dumping boxes of empty plastic bottles onto the production line. Technicians also assemble corrugated cartons into boxes, operate production equipment and re-label product as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lifts and carries bundles of corrugated cartons, plastic bottles, labels, and other raw materials to the production line. Loads raw materials onto conveyors keeping the production line full and running.
Lifts and packs bottles of finished product as needed.
Operates any of the following equipment as needed; bagger, de-bagger, labeler, filler, case packer, case erector and case sealer machines.
Ensures product meets quality control standards. Re-labels and repackages damaged product to return it to market condition.
Assists in department inventory and performs basic record keeping duties as needed.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and policy and procedure manuals.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
SHIFT: 4 - 10 hour shifts per week
• Medical & Dental Insurance
• Direct Deposit (Weekly Pay)
• Life Insurance
• Holiday & Vacation Pay
• And More!
E-mail resume to: email@example.com (put job title in subject line)
Drug Screen and Background check required
Only qualified candidates will be contacted