TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Lead Systems Engineer for a direct hire or contract to hire role in the Greater Kalamazoo MI area.
The primary responsibility of the Lead Systems Engineer is to lead the development of the control system strategy for a specific product line. In this role, the Lead System Engineer will work closely with Sales, Service, Manufacturing, Engineering, and the product R&D Team to define, implement, and support the software used to control the equipment. Secondarily, the Lead Systems Engineer will work with the other business disciplines to design and integrate efficient systems for integrating new control software into the product line.
• Define the product strategy for control systems (hardware and software) implemented in standard product lines.
• Define the IOT strategy to be implemented by the product line, develop an IOT implementation plan, & coordinate the implementation with the company IT group.
• Develop a robust method for managing the software implemented on equipment.
• Lead the development of the control strategies implemented on standard equipment and coordinate the technical support for field service as it pertains to control software.
• Provide technical support (as it pertains to control systems) for Sales during the quoting process for custom chiller applications.
• Support product manufacturing in the development of efficient end-of-line test processes and equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering EE, Computer Engineering CE, or Mechanical Engineering ME
• 7-10 years of engineering experience in control system design, testing, and project management
• Experience with industrial controls design & ladder logic
• Knowledge of UL, CE, NEC and NFPA codes
• Experience in new product development
• Experience with HVAC/Refrigeration systems, or fluid controls is highly desirable
• Experience in the design of wire harnesses is desirable
• Experience with AutoCAD
• Experience with SolidWorks Electrical
• Experience with PLC Programming
• Experience with National Instruments data acquisition hardware and LabView software
Desirable Attributes of a Successful Lead Systems Engineer:
• Reliable, team-player
• Highly motivated and passionate about control system engineering
• Customer focused
• Effective judgment skills
• Organized, multi-tasker
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrates initiative
• Highly Engaged
The work environment is a combination of office and manufacturing areas in a fast paced changing organization. Manufacturing area exposure to elements such as moderate noise, dust, seasonal heat and cold.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org