Provide application and business process expertise in the delivery of business systems and services across the business. Ensure information service delivery is aligned with business and manufacturing requirements in regards to the delivery, support and continued improvement of systems and processes. Provide direction, management, support and administration of projects targeting fast business-based process and technology solutions and improvements. Obtain a broad knowledge and understanding of business processes and applications spanning finance, manufacturing, supply chain, sales & marketing, human resources and reporting systems. Work closely IT Leadership and IT personnel to create a culture focused on building value and pursuing quality.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensure alignment of IT and business strategies while managing business systems, process and technology requirements toward effective business-driven solutions.
2. Build effective working relationships with functional business personnel.
3. Support and monitor systems, processes and applications to assure integrity and reliability of business systems.
4. Manage the effective use of technology for business process engineering, continuous improvement, and the elimination of non-value added activities.
5. Review proposed applications, systems and processes and recommend appropriate action.
6. Ensure projects have clearly documented objectives, requirements, budgets & timelines.
7. Review requests for application and system enhancements, improvements and implementations and identify impact on current/planned resources.
8. Coordinate and drive testing for applications, systems and process upgrades to maintain pace with business requirements, technology upgrades, and economic change.
9. Manage strategic alliances with internal and external service and support providers.
10. Help define policies, procedures, and standards to optimize the use and support of business applications, systems and processes.
11. Facilitate methodology for prioritizing IT projects.
12. Provide planning, consultation and advisory services for business and operating functions.
13. Assist users in identifying and developing application and business process requirements.
14. Take a leadership role in building relationships and working closely with business and work process owners.
15. Responsible for coordinating the implementation of new business applications, processes and systems. Ensure full benefits of the implementation are obtained by providing effective communications and education with our customers and IT service providers.
16. Lead in the establishment and enforcement of IT application, systems and process standards.
17. Keep abreast of current methods & technologies and recommend improvements and modifications when appropriate.
18. Prepare project reports that document the scope, benefits, resource requirements, and cost analysis when/where appropriate.
19. Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity plans evolve and are kept up-to-date.
20. Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the HEW and IT Leadership Teams.
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
• BS in Information Services, Computer Engineering, or related business degree and appropriate experience.
• Experience developing, analyzing & implementing business processes and technology systems.
• Project management experience is a must. (PMI and/or 6-Sigma certifications is a plus).
• Prior experience with Oracle EBS application implementation and/or support is a plus.
• Must have a strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Strong technical background is a plus.
• Broad understanding of general business and management practices.
• Obtaining IT & business function cooperation and assistance in assessing business requirements, implementation, automation and process changes.
• Designing systems and solutions, within budget, that meet the needs of the business.
• Understanding business processes as they relate to broad business operating functions such as: manufacturing, finance, supply chain, sales & marketing, human resources, etc.
• Planning, coordinating and scheduling time and resources efficiently.
• Managing expectations of ‘clients’, peers, staff, and others as required.
• Managing indirect and project-based resources.
• Working toward deadlines on multiple, concurrent projects with competing resources.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org