Client is the leader in providing public safety/fire communications to fire departments throughout the country. Company is seeking a high-energy, customer-focused IT Technician to join our Services Team. We are looking for a self-motivated, team-oriented individual who will work closely with our engineering, programming, technical support and installation crews to ensure flow of work and meeting of deadlines. This team member would be responsible for, but not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform network management to include allocating, deploying, coordinating and monitoring of customer systems.
· Configures, implements and maintains network infrastructures to ensure continuous and uninterrupted LAN/WAN and security services.
· Performs software installations and upgrades of in-house software package deployments.
· Install/maintain third-party software packages as required.
· Installs and tests various communications equipment and services to specified configurations and ensures proper working order for new or updated network service.
· Responsible for diagnosing and responding to customer service and technical support issues in-person, telephonic and e-mail discussions with customers.
· Conduct problem identification, troubleshooting, research, isolation, resolution, documentation and follow-up to the customer’s satisfaction.
· Assists engineers in the building, deploying and maintaining of customer systems nationally.
· Performs some after-hours emergency technical support via telephone and computer systems.
· Some travel maybe required for customer on-site installations.
Performs other duties, tasks or projects as requested and assigned by supervisor or management.
Requested but no required
General: Must demonstrate excellent/strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills in addition to outstanding organizational and time management skills.
Technical: STRONG Technical Background. In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks. Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
Communication: Exceptional/Strong communication skills both, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to present idea in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Ability to respond effectively to co-workers, able to work with different levels of personnel within an organization Report status of current contract processes to management.
Mathematical & Reasoning: Strong understanding of estimating/quoting processes and best practices. Strong math skills. Ability to make some decision-making on behalf of the company and to use critical thinking skills to apply logical and analytical thinking to practical and complex problems.
Computer: Advanced and proficient in all Microsoft Excel Skills; must be able to navigate the internet efficiently. Has Microsoft Office Suite as well as other industry-specific technology tools used within the organization. (Wireshark, Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM and sales software)
Physical and Environmental Elements
Physical Demands: This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. Ability to frequently lift and/or more move items up to 25 pounds or more with assistance. May need to sit continuously when in office for over 2/3 of normal work shift.
Vision: Ability to see close range (clear or corrected vision at 20 inches or less), Ability to see at distance (clear or corrected vision at 20 feet or more). Ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point (peripheral vision), Ability to see color, depth perception and ability to focus are high in this position.
Work Environment: Position is typically performed in the office environment with standard
equipment and moderate noise levels (examples: computers, printers, fax, copiers, light traffic, and phone) While on job sites the conditions should be in office atmospheres occasionally in the field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
May be required to work weekends and holidays as business necessitates.