Kelly Scientific is currently hiring a Research Associate to work at a biotech company based in Seattle, WA. This Research Associate will assist in the development and execution of high throughput analytical methods. The position will require experimental planning, execution, and data analysis.
This is a one-year contract working generally M-F 8am-5pm. Some flexibility to work evenings and weekends is required.
• Execution of multiplexed cell-based assays (killing assays, mixed lymphocyte reactions, proliferation assays, etc.).
• Execution of multiparameter flow cytometry (Phenotypic, functional assays, etc.).
• Data analysis and reporting with an emphasis on fast and high quality data turnaround.
• Improving current process and methods run within the assay core group and develop new technology to increase throughput and efficiency. This will include lab execution methods and data analysis.
• Partnering with Method Development groups, Data Automation groups, and Process Development groups to support assay development, and transfer.
• Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks
• Author reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results
• Order, track, maintain inventory of lab supplies and reagents
• B.S. in Chemical/Biological Engineering, Immunology, Biology or relevant scientific discipline with 2-4 years of biotechnology or cell therapy industry experience
Demonstrated experience with aseptic cell culture, cell-based assays, or flow cytometry.
• Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment.
Solid knowledge of immunology and cell biology techniques and data analysis
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Proficiency utilizing MS Office products.
• Working knowledge of statistical software (R, JMP, Minitab) is preferred.
• Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues
• Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills