Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a 1 year contract opportunity to work as a Project Coordinator in a prestigious Fortune 500® Medical Device company located in Columbia Heights, MN
Provide day-to-day management of Medtronic International Customer Care functions including: financial and supplemental documentation, intercompany order processing, procuring, and arranging freight. Facilitate company policy and goals in the areas of quality, regulatory compliance and asset management.
This function requires knowledge and ability to work with different countries, cultures, and business units offering multiple products, and is subject to independent export policies and procedures.
Daily interfaces include Medtronic distribution facilities, freight companies and business unit personnel across several departments, including Supply Chain, Marketing, Regulatory, Quality, Finance, Sales, Transportation and Import/Export Compliance.
This function is accomplished in a team-oriented environment where independent decision making and minimal supervision are the norm. Must be results oriented, with the ability to multi-task and a readiness to adapt to changing departmental needs. A flexible schedule may be necessary.
â??Processing Medtronic Global Distribution Center replenishment requests and distributor and/or direct customer orders. These orders require communication with the respective Supply Chain group, local geography contacts, designated carrier companies, Regulatory, Transportation and Import/Export Compliance. It is expected that the Import/Export Analyst takes initiative to complete process improvements to automate, streamline and standardize processes and has the ability to prioritize tasks and resolve issues with minimal supervison.
Demonstrate Basic Content Knowledge and Behavior:
• Establish and maintain positive business relationships. Partner for the procurement of product for operational requirements and to support inventory optimization. Responsible for relationships with multiple Medtronic distribution centers on behalf of global site operations.
• Respond to general inquiries received via email and by telephone from international business partners
• Process orders across multiple product lines, manage allocations and
provide timely communication to international customers and business
partners. Solve problems related to order fulfillment and logistics; expedite
and/or escalate as needed.
• Report progress and analysis of orders, shipments and product availability
to the customer.
• Accurately prepare all international export documentation and electronic
export filings, as required. This may also include facilitating returns and/or
• Understand multiple international documents, certifications and legal
shipping terms such as, but not limited to: Regulatory Compliance
(Country Specific), Import License, Quality Certificates, Sterilization
Certificates, Customs Harmonized Tariff Codes, Specific Shipping
Instructions, Carriers, Insurance, NAFTA forms, Inspections, Incoterms
and Routed transaction regulations.
• Seek out learning opportunities within and outside of the department to
stay informed of changing export regulations (U.S. & country specific) to
ensure appropriate documentation meets country requirements.
• Maintain required knowledge to facilitate import requests for geographies
• Coordinate transportation with the distribution center and freight
forwarders to ensure timely delivery of shipments, trace shipments in
transit as required. Partner with Corporate Logistics to achieve freight
spending reduction goals and routing improvement opportunities.
• Provide direction to international distribution partners for shipment
consolidation and to meet destination and customs shipping requirements.
• Work with carriers to resolve any issues with damage to product, lost
product, or items being misrouted to an incorrect destination.
• Ensure correct values and invoices are used for export and import
• Comply with applicable FDA and international regulatory laws and
standards. Document transactions and approvals for tracking/inquiries and
• Help manage all fiscal period close demand spikes.
• Interact and cooperate with every level of the organization to ensure the
highest level of service to our customers.
• Other items and special projects as assigned.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit now” button below to submit your resume.
By working with Kelly in this role, you would be eligible for:
- A competitive hourly pay rate with weekly checks
- Access to newly expanded Medical Plan options
- Online continuing education via the Kelly Learning Center
- Several employee discounts
- And more!