Postdoctoral Training and Education Specialist *** NIH *** Baltimore, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Postdoctoral Training and Education Specialist to work with the National Institutes of Health in Baltimore, MD
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at http://www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS/SERVICES: The contractor shall:
(1) Work with the National Institute on Aging (NIA) Training Director to manage, support and enhance training activities provided for NIA Intramural Research Program (IRP) postdoctoral fellows.
(2) Serve as training coordinator for postdoctoral fellows; work with the Deputy Scientific Director on the development of recruitment and training policy and implementation and on new initiatives.
(3) Explore initiatives that might be appropriate for improving the training and education opportunities for postdoctoral trainees at the NIA.
(4) Organize and implement an NIA postdoctoral seminar series to be used as an expanded educational opportunity for NIA IRP fellows “Fellows Seminar Series”.
(5) Participate in the organization of the Office of the Scientific Director (OSD) Tuesday Seminar Series to ensure that the presentation of scientific topics provides a diversity of science for postdoctoral trainees and to ensure that invited speakers are from diverse backgrounds providing a variety of scientific role models for fellows.
(6) Serve as point of contact for NIH Fellows Committee (FELCOM) representatives to provide input on management and education initiatives that are an integral part of the postdoctoral fellows training program as devised by the OSD.
(7) Develop and maintain a computerized data base listing of funding opportunities for postdoctoral fellows.
(8) Plan, design and implement a career tracking program; evaluate the impact NIA training has had in enhancing the careers of the postdoctoral fellows.
(9) Manage and implement activities, in collaboration with the NIA Training Director, including the following:
Yearly Responsible Conduct of Research Training for Postdoctoral Fellows
New Postdoctoral Fellows Responsible Conduct of Research Training
Manage and implement twice yearly Grant Writing Training
Manage yearly fellows’ evaluation process
Design and manage fellows’ annual curriculum development
Conduct postdoctoral onboarding and orientation meetings with Training Director
Conduct exit interviews with all departing IRP postdoctoral fellows
Enter and analyze all exit data and provide a yearly report
Devise the Fellow-to-Fellow Welcome mechanism for visiting fellows to assist with their transition to the IRP and the United States
Coordinate submission and selection of Butler-Williams Scholars
Organize Annual Postdoctoral Fellows Appreciation Celebration
Organize Fellows Networking and Morale Events such as quarterly Postdoc Gourmet
Organize Baltimore Fellows Symposium (Speaker, Skill Blitzes, Local Colleges) in concert with NIDA and post-doctoral fellows
Organize and coordinate Extramural Grant Program Workshop
Coordinate Office of Intramural Training and Education Workshops, Seminars, Counseling
Manage and regularly update NIA KIOSK Postdoctoral Fellowship website
Manage and implement Mentor Training for postdoctoral fellows and all principal investigators
Conduct yearly meeting with graduate students, and prepare report for review by Training Director.
REQUIREMENTS: The contractor ideally would have:
(1) Ph.D. degree in biomedical sciences
(2) Minimum of three (3) years of postdoctoral experience.
(3) Previous experience with teaching, training and/or mentoring.
(4) Experience working with outside vendors.
(5) Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
(6) Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Once you have applied online to the position, if you have specific questions, you may contact us at email@example.com