Biologist – Tissue Culture & Radioligand Binding Assays *** NIH *** Rockville, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Biologist to work with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at http://www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS/SERVICES: The contractor shall:
(1) Work with Imaging Probe Development Center (IPDC) staff to supply otherwise unavailable molecular imaging probes to collaborating scientists.
(2) Perform multiple assay formats to determine the potency of novel radiolabeled small molecules, proteins and antibodies for imaging and radiotherapy.
(3) Perform tissue culture (immortalized cell lines) and in vitro assays: radioligand binding assays (saturation, competition, immunoreactivity determination).
(4) Develop new methods; collect, analyze (PRISM or other curve fitting software); organize and record experimental data appropriate for publication and future reference by others.
(5) Maintain complete, detailed records of all experiments performed.
(6) Recreate experiments describing protocols, methods and procedures used; obtain summaries.
(7) Prepare descriptions of any problems or unusual situations encountered in carrying out the experiments.
(8) Develop assay conditions for new tracers from cell lines provided by collaborators to confirm that biological activity is maintained after labeling.
(9) Perform some tissue dissection to assist in biodistribution studies.
(10) Order reagents and supplies; maintain equipment is optimal condition.
(11) Practice safe laboratory and hazardous materials handling.
(12) Follow established safety guidelines; maintain records of hazardous materials and disposal in accordance with requirements.
(13) Ensure that guidelines and protocols are up to date by coordinating inventory and safety checks with appropriate safety divisions.
REQUIREMENTS: The contractor ideally would have:
(1) Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology, Radiochemistry, or a related disciple.
(2) Minimum of three (3) years of experience with tissue culture (immortalized cell lines and in vitro assays: radioligand binding assays (saturation, competition, immunoreactivity determination)).
(3) Strong communication skills, both oral and written
(4) Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
(5) Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.