We are looking for a professional prep cook to prepare food to the exact chef's specifications and to set up stations for menu. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction goals.
• Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
• Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
• Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef's instructions
• Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
• Stock inventory appropriately
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
• Preparing food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
• Cooking menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
• Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
• Familiar with industry's best practices
• Culinary school diploma
• Must be Serve-Safe Certified
• Must pass a kitchen skills practical test covering cooking temperatures, receiving, recipe knowledge, food storage, basic culinary terms including the five mother sauces.
• Must pass a cooking demonstration
This is a 9-month position; schedules reflect when classes are in session and meals are being served. Pay range from $18-$22 per hour depending on experience.
In return, we offer above-average wages, and a benefit package that includes sick pay, holiday pay, paid vacation, health insurance and opportunities for overtime pay.
Sound Good? More information and an application to apply can be found here: https://jobs.oberlin.edu/postings/5371