Our client, located near the Cobb Galleria, is looking for a General Ledger Accountant to provide specialist general ledger accounting services for the company and to ensure the timely and accurate recording and reporting of transactions to ledgers and the integrity of the resulting financial reporting.
- Prepare all manual journal entries required to complete month-end and annual accounts and to ensure the accuracy and timely posting of entries from sub-ledgers and other entry sources.
- Ensure that all accruals, deferrals, prepayments and any other adjusting entries are booked as necessary along with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts in line with SOX and risk management requirements.
- Reconcile inter-company accounts and record any necessary adjusting entries as required.
- Ensure suspense accounts are analyzed and cleared on a monthly basis.
- Produce monthly packs providing Balance Sheet and P & L analysis and supporting commentary.
- Produce information required by external auditors, including that referred to in Prepared by Client schedules, and any other accounting documentation to satisfy audit requirements.
- Provide accurate financial and management accounting information and analysis to other interested parties including FP&A, decision support, controllership, tax and senior management.
- To facilitate best practice procedures and controls to ensure maximum efficiency and adherence to policies and SOX requirements.
- Manage cash and bank balances ensuring the accuracy of accounts and monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Analyze revenue/cost of revenue and record journal entries to accrue/defer revenue as necessary
- Review customer contract data to ensure proper accounting for cost of revenue
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required at a minimum
- CPA candidate preferred
- Practical and proven accounting experience (2+ years) in a similar large organization
- Strong technical accounting skills
Please email resumes to Abigail.email@example.com