TRC is searching for an Accounting/Administrative Support person for a client in Marietta. The hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The candidate must have experience using an accounting system such as QuickBooks or Peachtree/Sage.
The main function of this position is accounting, however, some other administrative duties are also included.
- Match up purchase orders, packing lists, etc., with invoices
- Accounts payable currently entered by A/P clerk, but this position may also need to do this, on occasion
- Work with owner to determine what to pay on a weekly basis, and cut checks
- Collect cash and credit card payments from customers who come and pay in person, or over telephone.
- Match shipping tickets to invoices (invoices are generated by shipping office each day and mailed out – shipping tickets are generated when parts are picked up by the customer, or shipped out).
- Manage receivables, by contacting customers with past due balances, sending out copies of invoices, monthly statements, etc.
- Post received payments (checks, credit card payments, ACH, cash) into Peachtree/Sage accounting system every day
- Daily bank deposit via quick deposit and scanning checks
- Process credit checks for potential customers
- After credit approval process, set up new customers in Peachtree
- Work with shipping department, sales team, production team, when needed, to address and resolve questions that may be communicated by customers regarding invoices
3. Weekly Payroll
- Receive timecards on Monday morning
- Separate into payroll employees and contract labor employees, organize by last name (have spreadsheet to assist with this)
- Enter weekly payroll into payroll company website. Must be done Monday, prior to noon.
- Prepare contractor’s checks (1099 workers)
- Prepare journal entry to enter payroll into Peachtree/Sage
- Track and enter employee allowance and time off into existing spreadsheet
4. Bank Reconciliations (done by a third part y at the present time)
a. Operating Account
b. Payroll Account
c. Money Market Account
d. BBG Account
5. Manage the corporate credit accounts
a. Collect receipts and match to statements
b. Create expense account with expenses listed by employee, and GL code
c. Post credit card payment to Peachtree/Sage via journal entry
d. Post expenses by GL code to Peachtree/Safe
6. Manage Petty Cash
a. Keep the Petty Cash
b. Replenish periodically as funds get low, equal to receipts in bag
c. Reconcile on a monthly basis and credit expense report
7. Monthly journal entries for depreciation, etc.
8. Work with company CPA to produce financial reports, make needed entries, on a periodic basis
9. Work with company PEO (payroll and human resources company) on payroll issues, questions, new hire paperwork (enrollments, I-9, W-2, etc.), employee questions and requests. Keep record of employee vacation time and generate monthly reports for management.
10. Answer incoming phone calls on main company line, when administrative assistants are away from their desks, on another call, out of office. Answering the phone is not the main responsibility of this position, but they will need to help from time to time.
This is a heavy customer service position. Candidate needs to be very dependable, professional in appearance and demeanor. Candidate needs to be detail oriented and well organized due to the type of work involved and the amount of paperwork to be organized and filed (especially related to #1 & #2 above).