Our client, a manufacturer in Duluth, seeks a buyer for a long-term contract role..
This position will have a deep knowledge of the competitive landscape and the supplier network. This position will work closely with Engineering, providing information about the supply base that will result in making informed decisions when choosing a supplier for a program. This position is responsible for managing and controlling the purchase of materials and services in support of our customer commitments. This involves demand planning, negotiations, gathering of quotes, and making fact based purchasing decisions. The individual shall have a proven record of success in a strategic procurement role. The individual shall provide fact based recommendations, status reports on delivery, cost savings, and overall spend analysis in support of our programs. US Citizenship is required. Located in Duluth area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Liaison with engineering in determining supplier selection.
• Meet with the supply base to understand their capabilities and where they fit into our forecast and product roadmap.
• Conduct Supplier Reviews.
• Negotiate supplier agreements.
• Use MRP based systems to determine purchasing requirements.
• Using the supply base, or additional sources execute a quoting process.
• Use negotiation skills to garner best prices in support of cost saving targets.
• Create documentation that supports purchasing actions in accordance with process and applicable laws.
• Manage schedules, expediting as required to meet required delivery targets.
• Have a strong understanding of BOM requirements and specifications in a manufacturing environment.
• Exhibit strong problem solving, and excellent oral and written communication skills
• Perform other duties as assigned
• US citizenship is required for this position
• Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 10 years in a Strategic Purchasing Role
• Proven negotiating skills.
• Superb written and verbal communication skills.
• Hands on experience with MRP systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven experience in Supply Chain strategies.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org