Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking a TS/SCI eligible Cleared Principal Systems Engineer to support one of our top government clients in McLean VA on a 1 1/2 year contract assignment.
If you or someone you know are interested in this opportunity please contact Ron Bolden, at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
Our Engineering Division has a need for an Infrastructure Engineer to build, integrate, and maintain advanced high-capacity systems that process modern high-speed communications for the US intelligence community. The successful candidate shall be skilled at the integration and maintenance of a product, including debugging issues to root causes. Work during non-traditional hours will be required in order to support integration and installation of AST products, to include weekends. The successful candidate will also have a solid understanding of concepts related to networking, software architecture, and standard programming practices.
In this position you will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Application of advanced technical principles, theories and concepts will be necessary while contributing to the development of new principles and concepts and ensuring proper setup, configuration, and functionality of systems being deployed. Work will be performed under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments will frequently be self-initiated. Representation as the organizational spokesperson on projects will be necessary. Advice will be provided to management and customers on product and system solutions to customer’s needs.
The candidate will work with other experienced developers in our Salt Lake City office for the protection of our country. The successful candidate will also generate briefings and present material clearly to team members, customers, and Raytheon Applied Signal Technology management as necessary.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Object Oriented Design and Development
• Experience with multi-threaded code
• Experience with System Administration
• Experience with distributed or networked systems
• Experience verifying and validating the software and system work as intended
• Experience working both in a team environment and individually
• Experience developing, coding, testing, and debugging complex algorithms
• Existing TS/SCI clearance (Active within the last 24 months)
• Experience with User Interface development
• Experience with Qt
• Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols, such as TCP/IP
• Experience with or basic understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing
• Experience with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, or Salt
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Perl
• Experience with Cisco networking equipment
• Experience with process improvement
• Existing TS/SCI clearance with poly (Active within the last 24 months)
Required Education: Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
Desired Education: Masters of Science (MS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.