TRC Staffing Services is currently hiring for
Tool Design Engineer
in the Ormond Beach Area
About this Opportunity: TRC Staffing is currently hiring for a Tool Design Engineer that plans, organizes, and directs technical work required for new and existing tooling designs and tooling developments. Translates product requirements into manufacturable tool designs through tooling development activities. Domestic and international travel required as needed.
Tool Design Engineer Job Responsibilities:
• Leads tooling design and review activities by researching and benchmarking tooling designs.
• Ensures the timely, accurate, and successful translation of tooling design requirements into manufacturable tooling.
• Verifies and validates all tooling designs and design changes.
• Provides technical interface with customers to develop a clear understanding of tooling and product requirements.
Plans, organizes, and directs technical work involving new and existing tooling design and development.
• Leads new order acquisition and engineering change activities by establishing world class and manufacturable tooling designs that meet all internal and external customer requirements at the lowest cost.
• Verifies and is responsible for successful tooling development against internal and external standards via engineering analysis, prototyping, FMEA;s, benchmarking and testing.
• Ensures manufacturability and optimization of designs for tooling through design reviews, things gone wrong reviews, and design for manufacturability reviews.
• Meeting deadlines, managing product changes, while optimizing product cost.
Develops tooling using technical tools in support of program objectives.
• Releases and manages prototype and production tooling prints resulting from tooling development activities.
• Verifies success of tooling engineering with the use of engineering analysis tools. Analysis, tolerance analysis, prototyping, designed experiments, and other available engineering analysis
Documents all responsibilities and/or activities to maintain accurate records of project accountabilities.
• Tracks, documents, and manages all tooling prints and bills of materials.
• Documents, organizes, and manages all engineering analysis, design development, design verification, and design validation outputs and deliverables.
• Maintains and updates tooling standards to be used for design and building of tooling.
Monitors and controls objectives, costs, and timetables of tooling design and development.
• Ensures that internal and external design development requirements are met relative to design goals, product cost, and delivery schedules.
• Manages all tooling designs, prints, bills of materials, engineering analysis’, prototyping, verification activities, and validation activities in terms of specifications, resources, timing, and costs per the program objectives.
• Responsible for outside tooling vendors supplying tooling to Hudson Technologies for cost, quality and delivery.
• Delivers a project or projects from conception through completion using a team whose sole focus is obtaining the goal by defining, planning, implementing, and integrating every aspect of the project.
Participates as a member of the Engineering Team.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
B.S. Engineering or equivalent with a concentration in mechanical design for tooling or metal forming preferred.
Technical Experience: Minimum of 5 years of tool and die design experience preferred.
Industry Experience: Experience in a stamping deep draw manufacturing environment preferred.
Innovate: Generates and champions new ideas and initiatives; goes beyond the status quo; evaluates new or modified approaches and ideas with an open mind; brings perspectives and approaches together, combining them in creative ways.
Fact Based Problem Solving: Understands and practices the process of fact based problem solving and the tools associated with that process.
Design of Experiments: Uses controlled study of process variables ensuring desired output in specified processes.
Project Management: Defines objectives; develops plans that are comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals; develops contingency plans; provides clear direction; monitors progress; follows up to ensure objectives are met; keeps others informed.
Mechanical Engineering Skills: Intuitive understanding of material sciences, kinematics, statics and strengths of materials, and physics.
Computer Skills: Extensive understanding of CAD, FEA, Keycreator, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Systems: Familiarity with integrated manufacturing systems and ability to understand roles outside of engineering
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job title in subject line
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Background check, Drug & Nicotine/Tobacco screen required
“TRC Staffing Services, Inc. is a drug free environment. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.”