TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Manufacturing Engineer for a direct hire or contract to hire role in the Greater Kalamazoo MI area.
This role will be responsible for developing and continuously improving manufacturing processes to achieve the greatest efficiencies; working with design, materials and manufacturing groups.
• Provides leadership for manufacturing process continuous improvement
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by planning work flow, space requirements, and workstation layouts
• Develops and implements controlled manufacturing processes for new and existing products
• Plans and executes assigned special projects
• Develops capital equipment recommendations and associated capital justifications
• Works with members of the design, materials and manufacturing groups to develop work instructions, PFMEA’s, fixtures, work station designs, drawings and other documentation
• Evaluates product and process capabilities, establishes standards, and validates manufacturing processes
• Uses performance data and metrics to drive improvements to manufacturing processes
• Drives preventative maintenance, repair, and calibration services for manufacturing equipment through the development of and adherence to PM procedures and systems
• Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing related discipline is preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
• Mechanical, assembly, and fabrication background
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Solid analytical and process improvement skills
• CAD design experience preferred
The work environment is a combination of office and manufacturing areas in a fast paced changing organization. Manufacturing area exposure to elements such as moderate noise, dust, seasonal heat and cold.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org