TRC Professional Solutions is looking to hire a Project Engineer on a permanent basis to work directly for our customer, a leading service provider within the utility infrastructure industry that was founded over 80 years ago. This position will be located in either their Downtown Atlanta, GA office or their headquarters in Peachtree City, GA.
The primary responsibility for this position is to oversee the technical aspects of steel structure
repair project. The Project Engineer will work under the direction of the Engineering
Manager to oversee the design development, submittal preparation, customer
approval and material procurement phases on all assigned projects. Additionally, the Project
Engineer will ensure that field activities conform to the project requirements.
1. Oversee design development of assigned steel structure repair projects (this includes familiarity with the entire “inspection > engineering > repair” workflow).
2. Work with multiple customer accounts simultaneously.
3. Coordinate all design, modeling and drafting activities utilizing in-house and subcontract engineers and drafters.
4. Embrace the company’s commitment to process standardization.
5. Assume “engineer of record” responsibility on assigned projects.
6. Develop and document structural calculations for steel structure repair in conformance to applicable codes, standards and customer requirements.
7. Work with fabricators and vendors to utilize the most cost-effective materials and processes on steel structure repairs.
8. Work with Directors Business Development and Product Managers to develop new products and project opportunities.
9. Understand the concepts of strength and load as they pertain to utility structures.
10. Ensure the fabrication of repair assemblies conforms to the dimensions and work practices specified.
11. Oversee field activities on assigned projects to ensure conformance with project and customer requirements.
12. Provide training to field personnel on new repair methodologies and techniques.
13. Work with the Manager-Engineering to develop drawing standards and specifications to support steel structure repair projects.
14. Support pilot projects for all business units by providing field support, writing reports and compiling data for presentations.
15. Assist with support of the company's core business units.
16. Support R&D projects by participating in field work, performing testing, compiling data and writing reports.
17. Contribute to other projects and plans, not specifically noted, to ensure the Company reaches its financial objectives.
1. Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Structural or Civil (with a structural emphasis) Engineering from an accredited program (Master’s Degree preferred).
2. Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) structural programs (such as: PLS-TOWER, PLS-POLE, RISA 3D, tnxTower, etc.).
3. Proficiency with AutoCad software, 2D and 3D. PLS-CADD experience is a plus.
4. Professional Engineering (P.E.) registration is required.
5. Experience designing power utility and/or communication utility structures is a plus.