Our client in the Rome, GA area is looking for a Shift Maintenance Technician on a long term, direct hire basis.
• Meet the management plan $ sales, unit sales , and profit objectives
• Fault finding and repair of mechanical breakdowns within the MIRS operation
• Perform planned maintenance activities on the equipment during stoppages (whether planned or due to breakdown)
• Perform continuous inspection of the equipment to ensure correct operation and early diagnosis of problems
• Train other technicians to perform maintenance activities within the limit of their capabilities (TPM)
• Take a full part in diagnosis of production / quality problems and then implementing corrective action plans
• To cover for MIRS Technicians during break and abnormal conditions
• Look for and lead improvement activities within the lines (Kaizen)
• Install additional equipment within the MIRS operation (additional lines, etc)
• Assist other people within MIRS to perform their duties when additional manning is needed
• Work to continuously improve the systems, processes, and procedures in area of responsibility.
• Some college preferred
• Maintenance experience
• Experience in troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics, pneumatics, complex close-tolerance mechanisms, and steam systems
• Understanding of mold maintenance or tool and die maintenance.
• Skills in welding and machine tool operation (lathe, mill, surface grinder)
• Familiarity of precision measuring tools
• Decision making
• Communication skills