Our Tier 1 Automotive customer is currently looking to hire a Launch Manager to join their growing team in Franklin, GA on a permanent basis. This person needs Tier 1 Supplier experience managing new product launches:
LAUNCH MANAGER (Automotive)
1. Establish project plans, deliverables, milestones and team member responsibilities for new projects to ensure the timely, cost-effective execution for all assigned projects.
2. Monitor the performance of team members. Provide coaching, guidance and feedback to assure that key milestones are met and that the work product meets appropriate standards.
3. Maintains program timelines and open issue matrix for the facility. Take corrective action as necessary to address issues. Escalate as necessary.
4. Keep Corporate Program Managers, Business Unit Leaders, and Plant Management updated regarding progress, issues, or corrective actions relating to assigned projects. Supports the APQP process by participating in both the plant and corporate APQP activities. (Approve line layouts, TCT, B.O.M., PFMEA, CP, and PFD.)
5. Coordinates in plant prototype submissions builds.
6. Monitor and direct the manufacturing B.O.M. release to Plants.
7. Responsible for all machinery associated with the product launch is working as designed, in place, and capable of producing at required TAKT Time to meet production requirements.
8. Ensure that all production staff assigned to new program launches are trained and capable of executing the production of the assigned new product.
9. Performs all other functions as required; included are any work assignments relating to the efficient flow
i‚§ Maintain a team-oriented working environment that allows for individual differences and provide for individual growth.
i‚§ Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedure manuals and operating instructions.
i‚§ Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
i‚§ Basic computer skills, including P.C. knowledge and current technology software.
i‚§ Problem solving capabilities – both mechanical and numerical.
i‚§ Strong knowledge of injection molding machinery, including secondary equipment
i‚§ Knowledge of resins, equipment, tooling processes and quality requirements.
i‚§ Ability to read blueprints, understand tolerances and stack up conditions.
i‚§ Ability to manage multiple projects and set staff priorities.
i‚§ Knowledge of customer launch requirements and PPAP procedures.
i‚§ Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts and Principles: Toyota Production System.
i‚§ Strong organizational and management skills.
i‚§ Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written).
i‚§ This position works with minimal supervision and concerns itself with confidential company documents.
BS Degree in Engineering or Related Field
i‚§ Two (2) to Five (5) years of Manufacturing Engineering experience with injection molding, aluminum extrusion, roll form, and/or fabrication experience in the automotive environment.