TRC Professional Solutions is looking to hire a Project Engineer (Level I) on a permanent basis to work directly for our customer, a leading service provider within the utility infrastructure industry that was founded over 80 years ago. This position will be located in their headquarters in Peachtree City, GA.
PROJECT ENGINEER (Level I)
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide engineering and operational support that
maximizes the value of the services and products specific to Corrosion Services profit center. The
Engineer – Level I will work under the direction of Project Managers, Project Engineers and Manager –
Engineering to provide specifications, details, reports, calculations, field support, training and quality
control required to deliver and support the company's services and products. The Engineer – Level I will make field visits for project startups, crew training, project management and quality control audits. They will also be required to actively participate in industry specific standards development groups.
1. Review inspection data and images, write inspection reports, identify and track structure ‘rejects’ on assigned Corrosion Services projects.
2. Perform structure inspections using various non-destructive equipment as assigned.
1. Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or engineering technology (civil, structural or mechanical) from an accredited program.
2. Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination and a certification as an Engineer In Training (EIT) is preferred.
3. Experience with the testing of concrete, steel and soils is a plus.
4. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with other departments, disciplines and Operations personnel to complete tasks and meet project deadlines.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to speak clearly and confidently to customers. Must be able to write technical documents using proper style and grammar.
6. Demonstrates self-motivational qualities and sound character.
7. Willingness to travel overnight and work varied hours, sometimes in harsh weather conditions, to achieve desired results.