Job title: Project Engineer
Location: Longmont CO
Duration: Temp to hire
Kelly Services is seeking a multi-disciplined Project Engineer/Battery-Thermal Engineer for a growing company in Longmont CO.
Our customer is the world-leading manufacturer of Lithium-ion batteries for space applications. They are seeking talented individuals who have the self-motivation and desire to become world-leaders in their field.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established engineer with at least 5 years of experience specializing in structural and thermal analysis to join a growing international space component supplier.
Main Responsibilities of Job:
· The successful candidate will be responsible for detailed modeling and FEA simulations of space battery structural and thermal behavior
· The successful candidate will support space battery design and development as well as fulfillment of complex requirements documents to demonstrate battery compliance to specifications
· Support business development in assessing and responding to new opportunities
· The successful candidate will assist with additional multi-disciplinary (electrical, radiation, part stress) analyses and review technical reports to support programs
· Generate standard procedures and processes for improved mechanical and thermal analyses
· Communicate directly with technical personnel in customer organizations to provide product data, field technical questions, and support technical reviews
· Assist in the development of technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
· Participate in investigations, resolutions, and product improvement meetings
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering;
· Extensive experience with FEA modeling tools required, FEMAP and NASTRAN experience preferred. Candidate will also assist in figuring out best FEA tools for company use.
· Above average Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Visio skills required, Access and VBA Skills preferred
· Experience reviewing and responding to compliance matrices
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work within a close knit team to strict deadlines
· Space, Aerospace, or other highly regulated industry specific experience preferred
· Experience with OrCAD and SolidWorks preferred
Qualified candidates should email resume and references for consideration.
Kelly Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.