The Project Engineer, as a member of the Engineering Solutions organization, provides leadership and delivers engineering and construction expertise to the execution of capital and expense projects. Project engineering is the key role in overall planning and organization of the project execution and leads the engineering team through the design phase of the project. This job involves leading projects in the range of $100,000 to $10 million total installed cost.
The project engineer coordinates the engineering activities throughout the life of the project. He drives front end loading to ensure there is clear scope definition before engaging detailed design. Project engineering enables adequate project control systems to allow schedule and cost forecasting as well as robust change control. He coordinates the technical contract package development and deployment for execution of the project and will direct and administer activities with the successful contractors.
1. Drive project execution and coach team on application of the Global Project Methodology (GPM) work process.
2. Provide overall planning and organization during the design and construction.
3. Develop staffing plans.
4. Coordinate all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
5. Lead the project execution planning including contracting strategy development.
6. Analyze project risks and develop mitigation plans.
7. Initiate, monitor, and update the project schedule.
8. Initiate cost estimates and monitor project costs
9. Enable and promote a robust change control system for schedule and cost.
10. Promote strong communication with all team members.
11. Ensure implementation of constructability concepts.
12. Identify and take corrective action (with appropriate approval) to ensure the project goals for cycle-time, cost, and quality are met.
13. Deliver as-built and operations/maintenance documentation to the facility.
14. Document key project measurements and learning experiences in the Project Closure Report
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering is required.
• The project engineer should have a broad technical background, and 10 years of project experience is required. Experience in all project phases (Definition, Design, Procurement, Construction, and Start Up) is required and knowledge of the different engineering disciplines is preferred.
• Proficient in project management processes.