INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
The inside sales representative is responsible for driving and maximizing sales of assigned book of business through direct selling, and cold calling, resulting in achieved targets. This individual will identify and generate sales for company products through lead generation and follow-up, establishing new business and maintaining existing customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Drive growth and manage a book of business within assigned geographic area and customer base by developing and leveraging relationships with key decision makers over the phone.
• Develops positioning of products and customer solutions, crafts call strategies and messaging to convey a strong value proposition.
• Prepare and execute territory business plan to ensure sustainable growth, and 100% sales goal achievement.
• Build and maintain an active sales funnel. Prospect, qualify and close new business opportunities, including cross-sell opportunities with current customers.
• Acquire and demonstrate outstanding knowledge of all company medical device offerings.
• Identify customers' key business challenges, processes and drivers to demonstrate how conpany products will address their needs. Provide feedback to internal teams for key customer insights.
• Identify and pursue vertical revenue opportunities within the customers’ communities.
• Use industry associations, publications, tradeshow leads and other means to generate sales opportunities.
• Record sales activity and client information in the company’s CRM software. Provide periodic activity reports, including assessments, sales successes, account gains/losses, competitor activity, etc.
• Prepare and manage price proposals, bid reviews and contract documents. Oversee GPO and IDN agreements and contract renewals.
• Work with the Customer Service department to create action plans to ensure customers are receiving orders on time and the orders are correct and complete, always exceeding the customers’ expectations.
• Follow up with collateral, samples, trials.
• Solidify customer relationships as a trusted, consultative business partner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Team player with the ability to work independently and understand the importance of customer service. Prior experience with forecasting, quoting and account analysis is a plus. Must be able to maintain a high level of activity, manage multiple competing priorities and work effectively in a results-driven culture.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-4 years of B2B inside tele-sales experience (service or products) with a track record of sales goal achievement. Previous medical supplies and/or device sales experience in medical/healthcare is preferred.
• Proficiency in professional selling skills and account management. Formal tele-sales training is a plus.
• Ability to build relationships with key decision makers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Proficient knowledge in word processing, spreadsheets, and/or database applications (e.g., MS Word and Excel). CRM experience is a plus.
• Flexible and resourceful, ready to step in wherever needed.