We are hiring for a Measure Tech/Estimator Trainee for a Dallas’ based flooring company. This employer is willing to train if candidate has either experience with AutoCAD (or similar dimensional software) or commercial flooring experience. this opportunity starts at $15-$16/hr plus great benefits (the employer pays 90% of your healthcare costs)
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the ability TO BE TRAINED TO read, understand and critically question flooring specs, color sheets, blueprints, CAD drawings and a willingness to get the job done. Likewise, the knowledge and understanding of how to create, alter and revise Excel spreadsheets is expected. Accuracy of work, sense of urgency, attention to detail, multi-tasking, effective prioritization, proficiency with MS Office, flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines are essential skills. Responsibilities for this position include checklists, estimate carpet, and all other lines of product necessary. A sense of urgency, attention to detail, multi-tasking, effective prioritization, proficiency with MS Office, flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines are essential skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar dimensional software (helpful)
- Experience with any flooring product i.e. carpet, tile, wood etc. IS A PLUS
- Familiarity with sq.ft. and sq.yd. dimensions (helpful);
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook or other database program;
- Professional communication skills.
- Estimating experience commercial or residential IS A PLUS.
- High school diploma (2YR degree preferred).
The position is Full Time - 9-6 Monday-Friday (flexible to work later in busy season)