Kelly Services is hiring a Legal Secretary for our client located in downtown Pittsburgh
This individual will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Ability to type and process legal documents such as: Letters, Memoranda, Settlement Agreements, Answers, Motions, Responses, Affidavits, Replies Objections, Notice of Depositions, Subpoenas, and various types of briefs. Ability to handle incoming and outgoing mail, court filings, opening and closing case files and copying. Responsible for organizing legal files, setting up telephone conferences, arranging for court reporters, contacting witnesses and preparing exhibits. Legal case files must be indexed, closed in ICMS, and boxed for shipment to Harrisburg regularly, approximately every 3 or 4 months.
- Legal case files are maintained in an electronic file system, so they must be saved in PDF format and the physical copies made for paper files. ICMS filing (scanning) must be done on a daily basis. Mail should be date stamped on the back, and then all mail is delivered to the assigned attorney. Work will be assigned by attorneys and investigator/paralegal.
-Responsible for keeping track of inventory and ordering office supplies
- Responsible for ensuring that office equipment is working properly. Office equipment includes multi-functional photocopier/scanner, facsimile, desktop printers, network printer, transcribers, etc.
- Shares with other secretarial staff in rotating covering of mail reception desk during receptionist's vacations and absences
- Other duties as assigned
- Legal secretarial experience - Typing speed of 50 words per minute - Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook - Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills - Able to multitask - Shows initiative and works independently - Ability to lift up to 15 pounds in order to box closed case files