• Interview customers to assess potential employability and self-sufficiency.
• Develop a cooperative plan of action with customer to formulate positive steps to be taken to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
• Provide linkage with prospective employers, community resources, legal entities, and community organizations. Act as an employment advocate and counsel customers in the development of an employability plan.
• Conduct interactive interview via CRIS-E to determine and re- determine eligibility for financial assistance, food stamps, LEAP, emergency and contingency services, medical assistance, and child day care services.
• Provide linkage with Child Support Enforcement Agency and other needed social services.
• Provide information regarding the laws and regulations governing assistance and service programs, customers’ rights and responsibilities.
• Make necessary case changes and determine continuing eligibility for cash and services. Based upon written plan developed with customer, establish time frames for meeting incremental and final self-sufficiency goals; identify barriers to achievement of goals, develop viable strategies to resolve barriers, identify and select services to address needs.
• Refer customer for vocational testing and assessment, conduct employability counseling.
• Authorize cash assistance and Food Stamps, work allowances, and LEAP bonuses.
• Process affidavits for replacement of benefits; secure required verifications, make necessary cash and benefit adjustments in response to changes occurring in the household or assistance group, including increases, decreases, or sanctions due to failure to comply with program regulations.
• Prepare social summaries and medical packets to secure enhanced financial and medical benefits.
• Make referrals to child support, social services or other service providers in the community. Investigate case discrepancies and compute overpayments and underpayments of cash, food stamps, and medical services.
• Act as agency representative at state hearings requested by customer, preparing necessary documentation for the hearing and taking necessary action as ordered by the hearing decision.
Minimum Qualifications: An Associate’s degree in social work or human services field is required; supplemented by two (2) years of experience in social work, case management, or public assistance programs; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Benefits: Optional healthcare coverage to include: health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and short-term disability insurance.