Located in Pataskala, OH
Salary: Based on experience/weld test
East Columbus/Etna/Pataskala area
Pay: Based on Experience and Weld Test/Interview
Up to $17 hour
Job Summary: Responsible for welding structural steel members in order to build steel structures. Welds, cuts steel, operates grinders, drills various materials and other fabrication functions.
Position Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Push/pull/flip product to work area using overhead cranes
• Read tags to ensure correct product
• Remove mill scale or rust with grinders
• Preheat metal when cold with rosebud torch
• Clean spatter after welding
• Clean weld fi placing additional
• Grind down tacks as needed
• Produce quality welds on a variety of steel products
• Select proper welding temperature and wire feed
• Change wire feed as necessary
• Operate overhead cranes
• Wear protective gear
• Perform heat straightening to straighten steel beams (performed at waist to shoulder level)
• Carry coiled wire as needed (60#)
• Perform drilling - set drill on beam with magnet (may perform while seated-infreq. task)
Additional functions desired:
Experience operating with overhead cranes.
Experience operating forklifts
Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Working Environment: Indoor, heated environment with exposure to outdoor weather, noise, vibration and fumes.
Safety Equipment: Safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots; welding equipment (hood, apron, gloves, sleeves).